Acer Freemanii Sienna is a cultivar of the Freeman maple, which is a hybrid between the red maple (Acer rubrum) and the silver maple (Acer saccharinum). It is a beautiful tree that can make a fantastic addition to any garden.
Acer Freemanii Sienna is valued for its exceptional autumn display, showcasing a range of vibrant colours including shades of red, orange, and yellow. Its stunning foliage transforms the landscape, adding warmth and visual interest during the autumn season.
In addition to its aesthetic appeal, Acer Freemanii Sienna is a hardy and adaptable tree. It can tolerate a variety of soil conditions, including clay and loam, and it is relatively resistant to common pests and diseases. Its ability to thrive in different environments makes it a suitable choice for various garden styles and locations.
When it comes to care and planting, here are some recommendations for Acer Freemanii Sienna:
1. Planting: Choose a location that receives full to partial sunlight and has well-drained soil. Dig a hole that is wide and slightly shallower than the root ball. Place the tree in the hole, ensuring the root collar is level with or slightly above the soil surface. Backfill with soil and gently firm it around the roots.
2. Watering: Provide regular watering during the establishment period to ensure the soil stays consistently moist. Once established, Acer Freemanii Sienna is moderately drought-tolerant but will benefit from occasional deep watering during dry spells.
3. Mulching: Apply a layer of organic mulch around the base of the tree, leaving space around the trunk. Mulching helps conserve moisture, regulate soil temperature, and suppress weed growth.
4. Pruning: Prune Acer Freemanii Sienna during the dormant season to remove any dead, damaged, or crossing branches. This helps maintain the tree’s structure and health. Avoid excessive pruning, as it can affect the tree’s natural shape and growth.
5. Fertilizing: Acer Freemanii Sienna generally does not require excessive fertilization. However, you can apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in early spring according to the manufacturer’s instructions if necessary.
BUY MORE TO SAVE MORE!
Use any of the codes below at checkout to save on your plants.
Use Code: LARGE5 to get 5% off when you spend £500.
Use Code: LARGE7.5 to get 7.5% off when you spend £1000.
Use Code: LARGE10 to get 10% off when you spend £2000.
Use Code: LARGE15 to get 15% off when you spend £5000.
STANDARD DELIVERY TYPES
Box/Parcel – Used for plants sized 0-70cm, costs £12. Order £100 worth of plants of that size to qualify for free delivery! Parcel deliveries are always sent for next day delivery unless otherwise specified.
Pallet – Used for plants sized 71-230cm, costs £60. Order £350 worth of plants to qualify for free pallet delivery! We always send our pallets for next day delivery, unless requested otherwise.
Private Van – Used for plants sized 231cm and taller, costs £60. Order £350 worth to get free private van delivery!
In all cases you can request a private van delivery, where your plants are delivered by us. Upon your request we can re-evaluate your delivery fee and let you know of the delivery time.
Please note, for pallet and box deliveries we use third party companies to deliver the goods. Not often, but occasionally some delays may happen due to unforeseen circumstances, which are out of our control. For this reason, we ask you to never book gardeners, contractors, or other industry professionals for the estimated delivery date. Please do not book days off work or cancel other commitments specifically for your plant delivery to avoid disappointment.
Not home? No problem!
If you are not home at the time of your delivery, don’t worry! With your permission, we will instruct our trusted couriers to leave your plants in a safe place. If you have any requirements, or a preferred safe place for your plant delivery, please ensure to leave us a note along with your order, or simply give us a call.
If you have any special requirements regarding your delivery, please add it to your order notes or call us on 01603 327269. Always include any delivery restrictions into your order note so appropriate vehicles and good carriers can be used to deliver your plants.
Please note that we currently are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland due to Brexit rules and regulations.
For more delivery information refer to our terms and conditions here.